Michael Lewan, Consultant
- Brown Rudnick LLP, Principal - Government Law and Strategies
- U.S. Senator Joseph I. Lieberman (D-CT), Chief of Staff
- U.S. Representative Stephen Solarz (D-NY), Chief of Staff
- Syracuse University, Maxwell School of Public Policy, Master of Public Administration
- City University of New York, Baruch College, Bachelor of Business Administration
Michael Lewan has decades of Capitol Hill experience as a senior congressional staff member and government relations advocate. He has substantial expertise in the legislative process and policy implementation, and maintains close relationships in both the U.S. House and Senate.
Mr. Lewan served as Chief of Staff to Senator Joseph Lieberman (D-CT), and before that was Chief of Staff to Representative Stephen Solarz (D-NY). He has also managed several successful political campaigns, assisted numerous Senate and House members in their re-election efforts, and remains active with the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. As founder of the New Democratic Coalition, Mr. Lewan is considered one of the architects of the moderate, business-oriented wing of the Democratic Party.
Mr. Lewan has represented businesses and trade associations in many diverse fields including manufacturing, technology, healthcare, energy, finance and insurance. Mr. Lewan works with the firm's Healthcare, Energy and Environment, and Financial Services practice areas.
Significant Associations, Activities and Accomplishments
- Served as senior advisor to Senator Joseph Lieberman for 2000 vice-presidential and 2004 presidential campaigns
- Political commentator on CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, Radio America and other media outlets
- Chair, Board of Advisors, The School of Public Policy at Baruch College, City University of New York
- Former Chair, Board of Advisors, Maxwell School of Public Policy at Syracuse University
- Member, Board of Directors, Moderate Senate Democrats Political Action Committee
- Former member of board of trustees of Freedom House and Auschwitz Jewish Center Foundation
- Former head of Washington Steering Committee of the Democratic Leadership Council and Progressive Policy Institute
- Co-founder, New Democratic Coalition
- Education and Non-Profits
- Energy, Environment and Natural Resources
- Financial Services and Tax
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals